I kinda went AWOL there for awhile, because life. Man, it just refuses to give you a break sometimes.
So here’s a quickie post about some things going on with us and random thoughts!
- The boy was sick on Monday and Tuesday with a fever, mild chills, and was generally a very unhappy monkey. I took him to the night clinic on Monday because of a high fever. They had to dig wax out of and then “flush” his inner ears to check for an ear infection. This did not go over well. At all. I had to help the doctor pin him to the examining table while they squirted warm peroxide solution in his ear and he writhed and chanted “momma” between screams. In the end, we were both drenched, he was naked, and clinging to me like his life depended on it. Also, no ear infection. He got a bath when we got home and fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
- The girl is teething. This means she’s clingy. That’s about it.
- Took the girl to her 9-month well check (already!) and she’s in the 20th percentile for weight and head circumference and in the 60th percentile for height. And yes, she managed to charm her doctor and nurses while we were there. It’s what she does.
- I’m so glad Sesame Street’s new season has begun. Even if it means I have to watch the “Rocco’s Boat” episode constantly. It was all Sean wanted to watch on Tuesday. On repeat. While we cuddled on the couch. All day. I think I know all the skits by heart at this point.
- I’m back on the horse in terms of exercising. I had fallen off it — in a major way — after I got sick a couple of weeks back. Now I’m back, and that is a very good thing.
- Hubbs and I had a lovely overnight trip and an even lovelier dinner at The Duck Club restaurant in Lafayette. I have two words for you: osso buco. Simply freaking amazing. That meal will haunt my dreams.
- Our server was also spectacular. When we mentioned that it was our anniversary — and the first away from the kids — she gave us two glasses of champagne and bought us dessert. (In addition, she highly recommended the osso buco. So glad I took her advice!)
- I still haven’t started the ladybug hat or figured out what to do for Sean’s Halloween costume.
- We’re going to a wedding this weekend and I’m really excited in a selfish way: I get to dress up (in a new dress no less), put on make-up, and catch up with old friends. The grandparents are stepping in again to watch the kiddos. Sean’s going to be thrilled!
That’s it. My brain is mush today. I’ll likely be on hiatus for most of next week too.
Life. I tell ya.