Sorry I’ve been MIA this week. The whole teething/not sleeping debacle turned into a monster cold. I’m only now dragging my still-sick carcass back into the fray.
But as I lay nearly comotose on the couch this week, I had a thought: Either I’m getting old, or its taking me longer to recover. I’ll be 30 on Sunday … its not THAT old. But I actually called out sick for two days to try and recover. At most, it used to take me one day before.
And then the fuzziness in my brain momentarily cleared: This is the first cold I’ve had since the Monkey was born.
So what’s the big deal, right? Well … lets look at my cold strategies:
- Sleep all day;
- Sleep all night;
- Have the Hubbs cater to my every whim;
- Take long, steamy showers;
- Eat lots of won ton soup; and
- Tons of vitamins, OTC drugs to help with symptoms.
- Sleep during the day after waking up at 6 a.m. to get the Monkey fed, dressed, and dropped off at day care. Oh hell, might as well eat breakfast and have some tea now that I’m up. And now I can’t sleep. Great;
- Eat lots of won ton soup, drink lots of tea;
- Take my prenatal vitamin, and to help with the cold, take one Vitamin C pill and 3 advils, since they’re the only things listed in the “OK to use while breastfeeding” sheet I have. (The other is Robitussin, but I’m not coughing.);
- Afternoon nap;
- Pick the Monkey up from day care, play with him, make and feed him dinner. Put frozen dinner in oven for me and Hubbs. Give Monkey a bath. Put him to bed around 7:30/8 p.m.;
- Make lunches for everyone for the next day;
- More tea;
- Quick shower; and
- Go to bed early, but wake up at 11 p.m., 2 a.m., and 5:30 a.m. to feed/soothe the Monkey.
No wonder I’m still sick.